Career Conversion Programme for Furniture Industry Talent
The programme is targeted at mid-career PMETs who are keen to join the furniture and other related industries (eg. Retail, Manufacturing and Material & Components Supply).
Trainees can look forward to existing careers in the following job functions, but not limited to:
- Retail Operations
- Digital Marketing
- Brand Development
- Supply Chain
This programme supports the Singapore Furniture Industry Council’s (SFIC) 2025 industry roadmap which aims to establish Singapore as the Asian hub influencing tomorrow’s urban living. Over the past few years, the furniture sector has undergone substantial change. More furniture retailers and manufacturers are investing in e-commerce solutions to better serve their consumers and diversify sales risk as a result of shifting consumer tastes and purchasing patterns. The creation of furniture is also shifting toward being more environmentally friendly, using more readily available and recyclable materials.
SFIC, through its training and skills development arm SFIC Institute, is the programme partner of Workforce Singapore (WSG) for the CCP for Furniture Industry Talent. Career Conversion Programme for Furniture Industry Talent enables employers to hire and train new hires without relevant prior experience through a structured 3 to 6-month long On-the-Job Training (OJT)* to facilitate their conversion into the furniture industry.
Who can apply?
The Programme is open to all company-sponsored applicants who meet the following General Eligibility Criteria:
- Be a Singapore Citizen (SC) or Permanent Resident (PR) aged 21 years and above;
- New hires must have graduated or completed National Service, whichever is later, for at least 2 years prior to the point of application;
- Must be a newly hired PMET (i.e. not more than three (3) months from date of employment), and nominated by an eligible company for the CCP;
- Must not be in a similar job role prior to joining the CCP
- Must not be connected to the CCP participating company:
- A shareholder of the company or its related companies;
- Related to the owner(s) of the company; and
- Immediate ex-staff of the company or its related entities.
 Counted from the date of graduation from the latest qualification, or date of completion of National Service, whichever is later
 Only new hires who has been out of the labour force or have a continuous employment gap of at least 2 years prior to CCP commencement will be allowed to apply for CCP job roles similar to their previous jobs
 Does not apply to shareholders who hold publicly traded shares in listed companies
 Refers to individuals with shareholding per ACRA profile for non-publicly listed companies
Applications received will be routed by the Programme Partner, SFIC Institute, to participating employers for review. Suitable candidates will be shortlisted for interview, and successful candidates will be offered employment by the participating employers before embarking on the CCP and commence on the 6-month OJT programme.
- Registered or incorporated in Singapore with a valid Unique Entity Number (UEN) with Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA);
- Offer a full-time PMET position related to job role which the CCP is for, with a minimum fixed monthly salary of $3,000 or more, and at least a 12-month employment contract;
- Ensure that the job role is substantially different from the new hire’s previous job role, hence requiring career conversion support
- Must put in place structured on-the-job training for the candidate
- Commit to work with WSG or its appointed partner on the necessary administrative matters related to the programme
Employers interested in hiring mid-careerists under the CCP must commit to working with the appointed Programme Partner on necessary administrative matters related to the CCP. The OJT programme must be endorsed by SFIC Institute before CCP commencement.
|WSG’s Funding to Employers||Standard Rate||Enhanced Rate|
|Salary Support||Up to 70% of monthly salary for CCP training duration (capped at $4,000 per month)||Up to 90% of monthly salary for CCP training duration (capped at $6,000 per month)
For SC trainees who are unemployed and actively seeking employment for six months or more, and/or SC trainees aged 40 years and above in the year of commencement of the CCP.