NEW: Career Conversion Programme for Interior Fit-out Specialists
(formerly known as Professional Conversion Programme for Interior Fit-out Specialists)
This CCP will place and train PMETs looking for a career conversion to become an Interior Fit-out Specialist in the furniture/furnishings sector and related industries (including Design & Build companies, Interior Design firms, Renovation Contractors etc). Roles which require knowledge and understanding of construction/fabrication, assembly and installation of carpentry works can be considered.
- New hires (SC/PR) only.
- Eligible new hires to commence programme within first 3 months of employment.
Successful applicants to undergo 52 days of training and On-The-Job training, to be completed over 9 months.
Up to $54,000 salary support per eligible staff, and up to 90% course fee support are offered.
- Be a Singapore Citizen (SC) or Permanent Resident (PR) aged 21 years and above;
- New hires must have graduated or completed NS, whichever is later, at least two years at the point of application;
- Must be a newly hired PMET (i.e. not more than three (3) months from date of employment), and nominated by an eligible company for the CCP;
- At least two years working experience in a PMET job role but do not possess prior experience and skills in the same industry or related job roles;
- Must not be a shareholder of the participating company, or its related companies;
- Must not be related to the owner(s) of the participating company; and
- Must not be immediate ex-staff of participating company or its related companies.
- Registered or incorporated in Singapore with a valid Unique Entity Number (UEN) with Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA);
- Offer a full-time PMET position related to job role which the CCP is for, with a minimum fixed monthly salary of $2,500 or more, and at least a 12-month employment contract;
- Ensure that new hires are not:
– A shareholder of the CCP company, or its related companies;
– Related to the owner(s) of the company; and
– Immediate ex-staff of the company or its related companies.
- Must put in place structured on-the-job training for the candidate; and
- Commit to CCP training arrangements for the trainee
Selected applicants will undergo screening, interview and shortlisting process as determined by the hiring employer.
Employers must commit to working with WSG and the appointed programme manager on necessary administrative matters related to the CCP.
|WSG’s Funding to Employers||Standard Rate||Enhanced Rate|
|Course Fee Grant||Up to 70% course fee funding||Up to 90% course fee funding for selected modules*
20% course fee top-up is funded by SkillsFuture Singapore for SME-sponsored SCs/PRs trainees under the Enhanced Training Support for SME or mature SC trainees aged 40 year and above under the Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy.
Subject to SSG’s assessment; SSG’s terms and conditions apply.
*Selected modules include Prepare New Design, Implement Design Thinking and Demonstrate Knowledge of Production.
|Salary Support||Up to 70% of monthly salary for CCP training duration (capped at $4,000 per month)||Up to 90% of monthly salary for CCP training duration (capped at $6,000 per month)
For SC trainees who are unemployed and actively seeking employment for six months or more, and/or SC trainees aged 40 years and above in the year of commencement of the CCP.