From 1 September 2022, employers must meet the PWM requirements in order to renew existing work passes or apply for new work passes.
The PWM requirements cover Singapore citizens and permanent residents who are:
- Full-time or part-time employees in retail job roles on a contract of service, and
- Employed by firms which hire foreign workers, regardless of whether the firm is classified under the Retail Trade Singapore Standard Industrial Classification (SSIC) or another SSIC.
The retail PWM will cover the following retail job roles:
- Retail Assistant
- Senior Cashier
- Senior Retail Assistant
- Assistant Retail Supervisor
- Retail Supervisor
- Retail Manager
Course Reference Number:
TSC Code: RET-CHG-1001-1.1
Funding Validity: 15 Sept 2022 – 14 Sept 2024
This course is aimed to empower learners’ ability to identify the global trends and changes impacting the workplace, undertake lifelong learning to adapt to changes for sustained employability in the new knowledge economy, and sharing knowledge and skills to enhance productivity and effectiveness in a diverse workplace.
At the end of each learning unit, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the types of expectations and adjustments required in current and new job situation to stay employable
- Identify the types of competencies required in current and new job requirements
- Transfer skills and knowledge acquired from training and development to the workplace
- Demonstrate the ability to learn from and coach others a given set of skills from one job situation to another
14 – 15 Nov or 21 – 22 Nov 2022
Trade Association Hub (Jurong Town Hall)
Nett Fees Payable (inclusive of 7% GST):
Funding & Claims
– Non SC and PRs may attend short courses but are not entitled to course fee subsidy and absentee payroll funding.
– SkillsFuture Enterprise Credit(SFEC) supportable (https://sfec-microsite.enterprisejobskills.gov.sg/home/).
– SkillsFuture Credit eligible
– Absentee payroll claimable ($4.50 per hour).
* Self-sponsored individuals must be at least 21 years old